Metallic Keyed Socket
Metallic Keyed Socket
A modern twist on an early lighting style, this keyed 2 conductor light socket is a great choice to dress up any fixture design. The socket has a turn-key switch to turn your DIY light on and off that pairs nicely with an exposed Edison bulb for an early 1900s feel. And, while we do sell a limited selection of 2 wire color cord options, if your favorite color cord only comes with 3 wires, you can simply clip the green ground wire and leave it unused during the assembly.
If you plan on making a DIY light cord with this socket, we highly recommend using a plastic cord grip/strain relief for a secure attachment. Plastic cord grips are sold separately. With all lighting projects and DIY fixture assembly, we always recommend consulting a licensed electrician.
PLEASE NOTE: This item is not compatible with metal components, including tubing and cord grips. It is recommended for cord assemblies only or modification with a tap & die is required.
How To Wire a Metallic Keyed Socket
- Key on/off Switch: 13/16in long
- Length: 2 11/16in, Inner (threading) Diameter: 1 5/16in, Outer Diameter: 1 1/2in
- Cord grip not included, *plastic* style recommended
- E26 medium base
- UL Listed File No. E193434
- Max bulb: Type A 60W (not included)
- Interior use only
- Compatible with bulb cages
- Includes two shades rings for UNO openings only (not compatible with our shades)
- rebecca w.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoClassic and beautiful
Just starting to put together my lamp, but this keyed socket is wonderful. It is clearly high quality, and all the pieces move very smoothly together.CCColor Cord Company12 seconds ago
Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate your business!
- Julia C.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoLove it !
Everything came just as expected and works great!CCColor Cord Company1 year ago
Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your shopping experience with us.
- Tanis L.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoJust as I expected 😊
Just as I expected 😊CCColor Cord Company2 years agoWe are pleased to read that you are happy with your purchase!
- Dennis M.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoGreat!!!
The copper fitting looks great! It was easy to wire and makes for very attractive pendant lights. You can't really go wrong with it. Although it has a screw to secure the cord, I'd recommend one of there matching cord grips.CCColor Cord Company2 years agoThank you for adding that tip on the cord grip to your review!
- Penni L.Verified BuyerRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoso so good!
so so good!CCColor Cord Company2 years agoWe appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us!